Recognised as one of the world’s greatest biodiversity “hotspots” New Zealand’s Subantarctic Islands delight visitors with 126 bird species (5 of which cannot be found elsewhere in the word), Albatross, penguins, sea lions, seals and more. Beginning in Dunedin, you’ll have the opportunity to admire the beautiful South Island as you meander amidst the fiords of Milford, Doubtful and Dusky Sounds, home of some of New Zealand’s most spectacular and dramatic scenery. Then head further south for an adventure to the Subantarctic where you will encounter the remote islands of Macquarie, Bounty and more. This is where you will find the masses of birdlife including albatross and many species of penguins. Wildlife is abundant on these islands with sealions and seals en masse and the environment is so pristine that landings are not permitted on some islands. In fact, far fewer people visit these islands than summit Mt Everest each year! Be sure to pack a good camera for this really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Enjoy the "Macquarie and Subantarctic Islands" expedition onboard the luxurious Le Laperouse, with a team of expert naturalists onboard ready to share their knowledge and expertise. Le Laperouse has just 92 staterooms with a high crew-to-passenger ration, effortlessly creating a unique atmosphere of subtle luxury, intimacy and well-being.
Your New Zealand cruise package includes:
- 16 day Macquarie and Subantarctic Islands Cruise onboard Le Laperouse
- All meals and beverages onboard
- Zodiac expeditions and guided walks with expert naturalists
PLUS! ALSO RECEIVE:
- Complimentary domestic fares to Dunedin return
- Complimentary one night accommodation in Dunedin pre-cruise
- Complimentary transfers from Dunedin airport to hotel to ship to airport
- Complimentary luxury car transfers to your nearest airport (within 35 km)
Departing Dunedin 23 January 2019.
Above price based on Prestige Stateroom Deck 4